Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Epilogue I: 07/31 The Know How
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:00 pm 
585 Ska

There was a two-page article in last week's City (Rochester's alt-weekly) about the huge (reported turnout of 700) benefit for Five Star Riot's Charlie Coté, who is battling cancer.

So I feel a little selfish grumbling about the poor turnout for the Know How's appearance at the Bug Jar. If my pick had to be steamrolled, it couldn't do better for competition.

And we all had fun, anyway, particularly my friends Fred and Courtney. They're not "ska fans" in any sense, but they appreciate a good show, and they had a blast. They were a little confused as to why we didn't dance to the Superspecs. I tried to explain the difference between ska and brasspunk, how we enjoyed the 'specs, but they were missing that bounce that gets our feet shufflin' and stompin'.

Shout-outs to Brian of The Emersons for attending and knocking back a couple with me; Tim of The Expired for bringing people out (and his never-surrender attitude that got him on the bill;) the Levar Burtones for making the trip into the big, scary city ;) and dancing up a storm like they always do; Brad of the Superspecs and Skyler of TKH for being super-cool and hanging out afterwards (and Alex of TKH for finding and joining the Rochester Ska MySpace group before I told anyone about it!)

And of course, thanks to Mike for, well, being Mike. Yeah, I hate you too ;)

Next time TKH hit ROC, there won't be a mad dash against short time and impossible odds. We hope. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:32 pm 
Ska Queen

The 31st is my road test. Until then I'll still be mooching rides, but after that, you can bet I'll be out for every single friggin' show I can get out to.

Gonna have to get me one of them EZ Passes..

Profile E-mail