Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liverpool
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:38 pm 
New Kid

So anyone on here in the Liverpool area?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Liverpool
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:50 am 
Syracuse Ska

FWIW, I'll probably be extensively riding around Liverpool again this Sunday, if the weather is as promised. Hit me up off this board if you want to join me for that.

Last month when I was up there, I mostly rode around Henry Clay Blvd, Wetzel Road, Morgan Road and Oswego Road. I especially got a kick out of the chickens on Wetzel near Henry Clay. This Sunday I'll be hitting up a lot of the same areas, but also Bear Road up to Driver's Village and if time permits, probably around the Seneca Knolls area as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:10 pm 
New Kid

Well, Mother's day got in the way of me getting out last Sunday. I got to ride around a bit this afternoon. Saw a lot of motorcycles, but no scooters. I don't think I've seen one since I got one myself.

If the weather holds out, I plan on taking a ride Friday night. Well, I'll make quick runs any chance I get, but I'd like to take a nice long ride around 6 on Friday...8)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:07 pm 
Syracuse Ska

The weather report for Friday right now is not looking good, but that can easily change between now and then.

For a long ride, what have you got in mind?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:17 pm 
New Kid

Yeah, I have been keeping an eye on that weather. Friday night would have been great (schedule wise). I guess we'll see if it changes. Still not looking good.

I was thinking Liverpool or N. Syracuse. I'm still pretty new to riding and not sure I want to venture too far away from what I know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:11 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Pinnball79 wrote:
Yeah, I have been keeping an eye on that weather. Friday night would have been great (schedule wise). I guess we'll see if it changes. Still not looking good.

They're saying right now there is a 100% chance of rain tomorrow and the Weather Channel is predicting it will rain all day and night tomorrow. But we'll know for sure soon enough.

Pinnball79 wrote:
I was thinking Liverpool or N. Syracuse. I'm still pretty new to riding and not sure I want to venture too far away from what I know.

Fair enough. You need to build up some confidence, but that just means you need to ride all you can.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:10 pm 
New Kid

Well I just can't get myself out in the cold tonight. At least it stopped raining. :roll:

In my Scooter searching I found a Facebook page for the Salt City Scooter Club:

"Central New York area vintage and new scooter club. Join to keep up with local meetups, rides, scooter news, and club events.

Founded in 2014, the Salt City Scooter Club is dedicated to the restoration, preservation and operation of vintage and modern scooters. Join for rides, rallies, garage nights and pub nights!"

It already has over 100 likes... ever hear of them?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:59 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Pinnball79 wrote:
Well I just can't get myself out in the cold tonight. At least it stopped raining. :roll:

In my Scooter searching I found a Facebook page for the Salt City Scooter Club:

"Central New York area vintage and new scooter club. Join to keep up with local meetups, rides, scooter news, and club events.

Founded in 2014, the Salt City Scooter Club is dedicated to the restoration, preservation and operation of vintage and modern scooters. Join for rides, rallies, garage nights and pub nights!"

It already has over 100 likes... ever hear of them?

Sure. It's Dan and his friends promoting VINTAGE scooters only, not what you have, sorry. And besides, getting 100+ likes for scooters anywhere isn't hard. :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:16 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 pm 
New Kid

Nice picture. Thanks for taking the time to meet up. Sorry again for the short notice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:17 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Yesterday I made a quick trip up to Liverpool. It was fairly last minute. First I made a quick stop at Wegmans on Taft, but as I was turning in, some guy literally blew by me drag race style doing 70mph, which was nuts. Then when I got done there, I head back east on Taft and as I'm making the left turn on Buckley, I'm behind an idiot in a Viper who also wants to show off. My whole point of running up to Liverpool was to catch Hafner's Garden Center while they were still open and sure enough, they had closed early for the holiday. So, I head back down Buckley to Park Street and after I pass Destiny on Park St, a sheriff's car blows by me going as fast as he could towards the Parkway. I stop at the light at Park and Hiawatha and another sheriff's car blows by me going as fast as the first one. That was about 6:55pm. Now I realize it was because of that horrible motorcycle accident on the Parkway.

A couple of my co-workers knew the guy, and speak very highly of him, so I don't want to speculate what exactly happened. But because of the nice weather yesterday, it seemed like too many people were driving really crazy. And when you're on two wheels, you have to take that into consideration.

Profile E-mail