Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: '64 Vespa VBB project
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:53 pm 
Syracuse Ska

As some of you know, I've been meaning to restore my '64 Vespa VBB for some time now. But buying the '08 Stella ended up stalling that effort. I highly appreciate the patience of Anthony at Ithaca Scooter while I sorted this out. But I'm finally making the move on this, with the intent to be up and riding this scooter this spring. :mrgreen:

Back in December, I decided to order one of the new LML 150cc 2-stroke engines from Scooterworks with the oil injection. I don't intend to ever sell this VBB, so I much prefer the reliability of the electronic ignition, the option of electric start and less hassle with the oil injection. I've been dealing with Mark there, who has been great to work with not only on this but other scooter issues as well. The original expected arrival date of these engines in Chicago was late Dec/early Jan. That eventually turned into them showing up last week at their warehouse. Oh well, it's not like I'm missing any riding time right now anyway. So my new engine is now on its way Syracuse and should arrive next week. I'm really excited!

Then the next step will be to get the body over to the shop in Liverpool that's going to paint it. I'm going with glossy black and all white trim, including the seat. It's not an original idea, but I think it's a timeless look that won't ever go out of style. And it's also probably the easiest way to do a black/white combination without going cutesy. The photo below gives you an idea of what I'm shooting for.

I'll try to take some photos along the way and show the progress of this project. :cheers:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: '64 Vespa VBB project
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 pm 
NJ Drama Queen

This thread makes me sad.

LML motors are garbage.