Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what are you doing scooter wise this winter?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:10 am 
New Kid

I'm looking on the net, ebay, scooter sites, thinking if I could ever manage to do a palosi upgrade or some such thing. Most likely just start with a stebel horn upgrade and see how that goes for now. Anybody doing anthing to there scoot? Any pictures of your rides to post...? as in your scooter.

Stay warm.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: what are you doing scooter wise this winter?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:06 am 
Syracuse Ska

I'm planning to re-wire the VBB, because the electrical is all screwed up. Not going to try any performance upgrades at this point, but maybe later.

Adam is doing some stuff and I'll try to get him to talk about it here.

Just so you know, cylinder kits aren't always a good idea, especially if you get too aggressive with them (ie: big upgrades). Basically, the more aggressive you get about performance upgrades, the less reliable your scooter will get. Generally speaking.

Your Vespa is much better engineered than 95% of the other scooters in America right now, which are mostly Chinese crap, honestly. Our comrades are getting better and better all the time, but most of the scooters they are selling here are not well made. Your Vespa is the crème de la crème of the scooter world currently.

Now if you buy a cheap Chinese scooter and wanna go nuts with it, I'd say go for it, absolutely. That way if you blow up the engine, no big loss. Friends of mine have done nutty things with $20 scooters that make no sense if it's actually worth something.

Just some food for thought.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:27 am 
NJ Drama Queen

I'm actually putting a 226 Hot Wing exhaust on my PE as soon as possible. Expensive, but you cannot argue the performance upgrade. SHIT LOOKS RIDICULOUS!

https://www.226vintage.com/store_iv.php?prty_id=1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:42 am 
New Kid

I have a '66 Vespa Blue Badge that someone left for dead some time ago. It sat parked in my garage for over a year before I did anything with it. We got it started a few weeks ago. The stock exhaust was clogged so it was replaced with a Leo Vinci and now I am waiting for bearing/seals/etc. to arrive so we can freshen up the motor. As soon as enough snow melts here I'll take it for a short ride to see what other problems may present themself.
-Anthony

Attachments:
small frame.JPG
small frame.JPG [ 239.08 KB | Viewed 1999 times ]
 Profile E-mail