Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2009 Stella auction in Rochester -- at $1500 right now
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:07 pm 
Syracuse Ska

If you don't already know, this is essentially an updated Vespa PX 150 with better brakes, made by LML in India which used to manufacture the Vespa PX 150 under license from Piaggio in Italy. This is a 2-stroke steel scooter with electric starter, a back-up kick starter and fuel gauge, unlike most of the earlier P series.

Details at: http://urbanvillagescooters.com/stella-auction/

Website wrote:
2009 Genuine Stella
Condition New
Miles <10
Color Black
MSRP $3599
Starting Bid $100
Reserve None
Shipping None
High Bid $1,500
# of Bids 4

Accessories (included but not installed):

* chrome rear rack
* chrome cowl protectors
* chrome front bumper
* chrome legshield protectors
* value >$500!

This black beauty is one of the last two stroke twist shifters available anywhere. (Next year’s model will have a four stroke engine.) This is your opportunity to have this gem at a fantastic price!

Here are the details: The auction starts at $100, and ends Thanksgiving night (11/26 at 11:59 pm). There is no reserve price, meaning it is possible that someone will get a brand new Stella for only $100! (I sure hope it sells for more than that, but that’s my risk!)

To place a bid, fill out the form at the bottom of this page completely. This is NOT an automated process (no eBay involvement) so there will be some delay between when you bid and when I update the current winning bid info. In the event I receive two bids that are the same I’ll go with the earlier one.

The winning bidder will be announced Friday morning (11/27) and will be expected to complete the transaction the following Monday. I will contact the winner by phone as well, so the bid form needs to be completely filled out so you can be notified.

There is NO SHIPPING. The winner will be expected to pick up the scooter at the shop.

The winner will be responsible for 8% sales tax, $185 dealer prep charges, and DMV fees on top of their bid. You also need to get your own insurance (typically under $100 a year) prior to receiving the scooter.

The accessories are part of Genuine Scooter’s Dressed for the Holidays promotion and will not be installed prior to receiving the scooter. The winner can install them yourself or pay us to install them.

That’s about it. Of course you can inspect it for yourself at the shop, and while you’re doing so check out our other great deals. Good luck!

Current high bid: $1,500

Profile E-mail