Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ATTN: Mike & Twitch - Regarding Aquabats
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:08 pm 
Ska Queen

Dudes. I have us a ride. My mom said she'd bring us all (including Steph again) if we help chip in for gas and pay for her ticket. Do either of you know how we can get advanced tickets that way they're only $12 as opposed to $14? Doors open at 2, and Buffalo is, what, 3.5 hours away from Rochester?

So yeah, you guys need to e-mail me or call me or something, that way I can get your addresses and we can figure out the details. If you two could meet up someplace where we could pick you both up at once, that'd be even better, but if not don't worry about it.

email: blackmoo2@hotmail.com
cell number: 315-396-5646

Gimme a ring whenever, after tomorrow I don't have any testing left so I'll probably be up late out driving with friends and generally creating havoc all over Syracuse.

8) Ooooooooh yeah.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ATTN: Mike & Twitch - Regarding Aquabats
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:55 pm 
585 Ska

Aiyana Catori wrote:
Dudes. I have us a ride. My mom said she'd bring us all (including Steph again) if we help chip in for gas and pay for her ticket. Do either of you know how we can get advanced tickets that way they're only $12 as opposed to $14? Doors open at 2, and Buffalo is, what, 3.5 hours away from Rochester?

So yeah, you guys need to e-mail me or call me or something, that way I can get your addresses and we can figure out the details. If you two could meet up someplace where we could pick you both up at once, that'd be even better, but if not don't worry about it.

email: blackmoo2@hotmail.com
cell number: 315-396-5646

Gimme a ring whenever, after tomorrow I don't have any testing left so I'll probably be up late out driving with friends and generally creating havoc all over Syracuse.

8) Ooooooooh yeah.

I'll probably call sometime after nine, because I am cheap like that. Twtich give my cell a call sometime after nine so we can figure it out. I preivate messaged you the number.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:10 pm 
Ska Queen

Well, my phone is on silent for the night because as soon as I'm done here and then replying to Twitch's comment on LJ, then I'm off to bed.

I went down to the Coffe Pavilion tonight for Open Mic Night. It was fun stuff. Not only did I get to play like 4 songs, but I also got a brownie with nuts on it AND a hot chocolate. Mmmmm. But now I'm losing my voice, which sucks, but whatever because it was totally worth it.

I'm gonna be busy all day tomorrow, and I won't have my cell phone on much of the day. I have to walk to school at 10:45 (ugh, it takes like an hour, eww) and I'm President of Drama Club so I have to help clean up, then I have the chem regents from 1 to 3, then I have to help set up for our Drama Club's end of the year dinner. And that goes until 9, and I have to help clean up after it, so I'm not gonna be home and turning my phone on until like 10ish.

You just need to try to call me like 20499148 times, or leave me a voicemail saying when's best to call you back. :| I know, I'm sorry, being a busy person is less than awesome sometimes.

Anyway, we'll talk and figure it out.
G'night.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:13 pm 
Ska Queen

Oh, I just thought of something else. Are you going to the Reel Big Fish concert right there in Rochester on July 2nd? I need to get myself tickets to that. I have my ride all worked out for that already, which is nice. I think I'm bringing Rosie of The Verbs with me as well..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:24 pm 
Paid Some Dues

Aiyana Catori wrote:
Doors open at 2, and Buffalo is, what, 3.5 hours away from Rochester?

Rochester is 60 miles from Buffalo. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:36 pm 
585 Ska

mel wrote:
Aiyana Catori wrote:
Doors open at 2, and Buffalo is, what, 3.5 hours away from Rochester?

Rochester is 60 miles from Buffalo. :roll:

Yea it is only an hour to Buffalo.

As for RBF it all depends on whether or not I get the day off of work, cause if I do, I have to go do some family stuff, but a lot of people already asked for the second off, so I don't know. Actually I might not even ask for the day off and just go to the show, but if I do I need rides. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:45 pm 
Ska Queen

Hmm. I was talking to the mother and she said it takes like 3.5 hours to get there. I was talking about from Rochester, but maybe she was talking about from here in Syracuse? Does that sound right?

Yeah, since I'm gonna be out in Rochester any way, if you decide you want to go to the RBF show, I can totally bring you. No prob.

Heh, I love how I give rides to kids who don't even live in Syracuse these days. I find it highly amusing.

I heart traveling random distances to go to shows. <3[/list]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:34 am 
585 Ska

Aiyana Catori wrote:
Hmm. I was talking to the mother and she said it takes like 3.5 hours to get there. I was talking about from Rochester, but maybe she was talking about from here in Syracuse? Does that sound right?

Yeah, since I'm gonna be out in Rochester any way, if you decide you want to go to the RBF show, I can totally bring you. No prob.

Heh, I love how I give rides to kids who don't even live in Syracuse these days. I find it highly amusing.

I heart traveling random distances to go to shows. <3[/list]

The only problem is that the doors open at 6 and I get out at 6, and I need like 10 minutes to shower, but other than that...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:20 am 
Show Regular

Aiyana Catori wrote:

I drive from Cortland to Buffalo all the time and make it in two hours and 45 minutes. Cortland is 45 minutes from the thruway. From Rochester I can make it in less than an hour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:34 pm 
Ska Queen

Hmm... So, advanced sale tickets it is. I'll buy them now for all of us and then you guys can just give me the money when we pick you up.

Gas, is like, wicked expensive, and the mumsie doesn't want to pay for ANYTHING. Grr.. So I'm thinking like $25. $12 for tickets, then the rest will go towards gas and my mom's ticket.

Is that okay with you guys? I figure, there'll be 4 of us. And $13 each will be like $52, which *should* be enough to pay for everything, since she wants moolah for gas there and the way back..

Ahh, the stipulations the parental units come up with to bring me to gigs when they don't want to go. Goddess bless that my dad actually WANTS to see RBF on July 2nd, so I don't have to pay anything extra to him for that.

8) Ooooooh yeah. Having a pops who's into ska is so awesome.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:43 am 
585 Ska

$25 for the whole deal would be way cheap (just the bus ticket would run $40)

Thank you so much for ordering the tickets and coordinating all this.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:46 am 
585 Ska

Mike wrote:
The only problem is that the doors open at 6 and I get out at 6, and I need like 10 minutes to shower, but other than that...

Dude, there's like twelve openers, and you know they won't get started until at least 7.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: SERIOUS AWESOMENESS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:52 am 
585 Ska

I AM SO FREAKING GIDDY ABOUT SEEING THE AQUABATS.

THIS WILL RULE SO FREAKING MUCH.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:17 pm 
Ska Queen

Yeah dude. I'm wicked excited about this. It's gonna be fun as all get out to hang out with you guys ALL 4th of July. Not to mention we get to see the Aquabats.

8) Oooooh yeah. We're so damn cool.

Alright. So if you guys are okay with the price, just let me know if you guys are gonna meet up and one place for me to pick you up or if I'm picking you both up at your own houses. You've both got all my contact type information, so I'm just gonna hang out until you guys get a hold of me.

Hehe, Twtich, darling, you obviously haven't known me for very long. Organizing groups of people and coordinating events is my specialty. I have a tendency to take it upon myself to do such things allllll the time. (I'm President of my school's Drama Club, so it's also kind of my job.)

Why else would I want to get into promotion and booking shows? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:24 pm 
Ska Queen

Ahh. Mike.. :(

I was talking to my dad last night, when he was driving me and my friends to the Jazz Fest, and I found out some sad news.

Apparently our car has decided to die and it probably isn't a good idea for him to be driving it. As such, it needs to have some work done on it. My dad has already called places and has a date set to have it fixed. And guess what date he decided on..

That's right, July 2nd. So, yeah, I don't think we have a ride to the RBF show..

Umm. I'm going to call around to people and see if I can find a ride, but I'm not so sure of my ability to conjure up a ride on such short notice. People work and won't have the night off, plus the price of gas, and yadda di yadda di yaddada.

::sighs:: I don't know. I'm sorry dude. I'm gonna try, but I can't promise anything. I'd ask me mums, but since she's bringing us to the Aquabats show and she just brought me to SM, I do'nt want to push my luck.

I"ll see what I can do and I'll call you to let you know whether I figure something out or not..

:cry: Tear.

Profile E-mail