Mike Park , Jaclyn Falk, more TBA
Free Show at 6pm
$5 All You Can Eat BBQ starting at 5pm
times and price are subject to change
Contact Brian: basementproductions@gmail.com
137 Redfield Place, Syracuse

http://www.mikeparkmusic.com
http://www.jaclynfalk.com

The times and price are not final. I will make an update if/when things are changed. This should be a fun time had by all, and Im looking forward to it. Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:57 am 
Syracuse Ska

Brian, this is so cool that you're hosting this ...

For anyone that doesn't know, this is less than 2 blocks from the Westcott. And I was gonna suggest Jackie playing it. She was awesome last Saturday and deserves to be seen in Syracuse. :D

Is it okay to list this on the Syracuse Ska website and mailing list?

Lastly, I'm vegetarian. Any chance we might work out something for the BBQ? I can bring veggie burgers, for example, if anyone else is interested. BBQ sauce is really good on vegetables and baked beans too. :wink:

Lemme know ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: veggies
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:18 am 
Ruder Than You

oh im sorry, vegetarians are not invited. haha im just kidding. i was planning on doing some veg friendly stuff, veggie burgers, tofu dogs, misc salads...i dunno. If you wanna bring some veggie burgers, Danny, thad be great. If anyone else would like to bring anything, I'd greatly appreciate it! just send me an email and we'll figure it all out.
Cheers!

Post subject: Re: veggies
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:42 am 
Syracuse Ska

brianL wrote:
oh im sorry, vegetarians are not invited.

Oh, okay. I didn't realize you were doing blood sacrifices that day ...

brianL wrote:
haha im just kidding. i was planning on doing some veg friendly stuff, veggie burgers, tofu dogs, misc salads...i dunno. If you wanna bring some veggie burgers, Danny, thad be great. If anyone else would like to bring anything, I'd greatly appreciate it! just send me an email and we'll figure it all out.
Cheers!

Cool! I hate too often being the oddball veggie at the BBQ ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:14 am 
Kingston Beat

I'll keep the vegetarian contingent strong with you Danny, no worries.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:07 am 
Ska Queen

I'm sure Rosie will be there too, and she's a vegetarian as well..

You know, Danny, how we were all talking about being vegetarian and why people do it and the ethics behind it and blah blah blah on the way back from Big Orange Bonanza.. I was randomly looking into some of my tribe's traditions and stuff yesterday (actually I was looking because of our discussion,) and I'm pretty sure if I want to be anybody when I go up there, I'm gonna have to eat moose meat.

I'm good with not eating red meat, or little piggies, and I don't drink soda, and I'm generally not much of a fan of fast food though I do eat it every now and then, but, like, I dunno.

Not that I have a problem with eating moose meat. MmmmmMMMMMMmm, it's sooooo good. But still, I was hoping I'd be able to break away some day.

:cry: Tear.

:roll: ^_^

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:10 am 
The Secret Ions

I don't eat meat or jello, but I'll be in Germany when this is going on :? Know of any good German Ska bands I could check out?

"I think basically the Grateful Dead is not for cranking out rock and roll, it's not for going out and doing concerts or any of that stuff, I think it's to get high...To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe...[not] unconscious or zonked out, I'm talking about being fully conscious...the Grateful Dead should be sponsored by the government or something. It should be a public service, you know, and they should set us up to play at places that need to get high."-Jerry Garcia, 1972

I see the light come shining, from the west down to the east.
Any day now, any day now, I shall be released.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:17 am 
Kingston Beat

Meat or jello heh. Justine I have this really great zine that talks about vegetarianism and being native american. I'll bring it to a show sometime.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:18 am 
Ska Queen

Kick ass dude! Thanks! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:00 pm 
Checkered Demon

if this is actually open to anyone, there's a very, very good chance i'll come for this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:36 am 
Syracuse Ska

AskTheMagic8Ball wrote:
if this is actually open to anyone, there's a very, very good chance i'll come for this...

Well, I don't see why Brian would post here just to tease us ... :wink:

Jeff wrote:
I don't eat meat or jello, but I'll be in Germany when this is going on Know of any good German Ska bands I could check out?

Wow. Where to begin?

Germany seems the European capital of ska. Check out some of the links on the SyracuseSka site. Helps of course if you can read German. :wink:

Check out the Grover Records and Moskito Productions sites, which are basically the same people. They are the biggest promoters of ska in Germany.

A few bands you might check out:
Alpha Boy School
The Busters
Court Jester's Crew
Dr Woggle & the Radio
Frau Doktor
Ngobo Ngobo
No Respect

All major ska artists tour through Germany too ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:35 pm 
The Secret Ions

This looks sweet, I'll be sure to check some of this stuff out. Thanks Danny! I've been learning German for 4 years now so that shouldn't be a problem.

"I think basically the Grateful Dead is not for cranking out rock and roll, it's not for going out and doing concerts or any of that stuff, I think it's to get high...To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe...[not] unconscious or zonked out, I'm talking about being fully conscious...the Grateful Dead should be sponsored by the government or something. It should be a public service, you know, and they should set us up to play at places that need to get high."-Jerry Garcia, 1972

I see the light come shining, from the west down to the east.
Any day now, any day now, I shall be released.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:42 pm 
Ruder Than You

mmm all you can eat barbecue...i'm starting to drool just thinking about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:52 am 
Syracuse Ska

Jeff wrote:
This looks sweet, I'll be sure to check some of this stuff out. Thanks Danny! I've been learning German for 4 years now so that shouldn't be a problem.

Cool. I only got one year in, so I'm sure you're far more proficient than I am. Plus, I'm jealous you're going over and I'm not. :cry:

And to keep this related, my favorite German language ska song is "Ernst" by The Busters. Nice harsh Saxon accent on there to give it just the right heft. :wink:

BTW, I once discovered a great trad Latin ska band from Mexico because a German friend saw them in Germany on tour. It's a small, small world ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:29 pm 
Ska Queen

Ahh! Dammit! Grr. Okay. ::sighs::

My friend Ben (original trumpet player of The Verbs) is moving to California this summer. He's actually leaving in a few weeks. And as such, all of his friends are throwing him a HUGE going away party.

And guess what date I was informed they decided on? That's right, July 6th. On top of that they're having it from 5-10.

So, yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it to the Mike Park show. I'm really really sorry guys. I really really want to be there, but Ben is moving and who knows when I'll see him again. He's just slightly more important to me than Mike Park. Heh. :roll:

Anyway, I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm not gonna be there. I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Sorry guys. :?

Profile E-mail