Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If you went to Big Orange Bonanza...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:46 pm 
Paid Some Dues

did you get a cohorts cd? they are local to where i live, and i wanna see how many people got there cd while they were on tour...

if you didnt get a cd, just say what you thought of them and whatnot, if you did get a cd please say so.

thanks

Post subject: Re: If you went to Big Orange Bonanza...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:19 pm 
Syracuse Ska

sophrrocks711 wrote:
did you get a cohorts cd? they are local to where i live, and i wanna see how many people got there cd while they were on tour...

if you didnt get a cd, just say what you thought of them and whatnot, if you did get a cd please say so.

thanks

Aiyana got one. I doubt she's been able to listen to it yet. I'll get one tomorrow, when it's less hectic and the merch area isn't "15 miles away" like today. The Syracuse kids today in Circleville were very excited about seeing them again tomorrow in Syracuse and the Albany kids were as excited about having them Monday. It really helps once you can actually see a band live. :wink:

And I still say Mitch is a dead ringer for Steven Parker ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:25 pm 
Paid Some Dues

skadanny wrote:
sophrrocks711 wrote:

thanks

Aiyana got one. I doubt she's been able to listen to it yet. I'll get one tomorrow, when it's less hectic and the merch area isn't "15 miles away" like today. The Syracuse kids today in Circleville were very excited about seeing them again tomorrow in Syracuse and the Albany kids were as excited about having them Monday. It really helps once you can actually see a band live. :wink:

they are an awesome band, if you get one, can you send it to me? over aim or yousendit? im gonna buy one next show i get to go to so it isnt necisarely 'stealing' ya know?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:34 pm 
Syracuse Ska

sophrrocks711 wrote:
they are an awesome band, if you get one, can you send it to me? over aim or yousendit? im gonna buy one next show i get to go to so it isnt necisarely 'stealing' ya know?

Oh, the real reason emerges. :wink:

It looks to be like a 5 or 6 song EP? I'm sure Aiyana will send it to you, if ya want. She's probably ripping my copies of Vic Rice and The Aggrolites as we type this now (we listened to them on the way down in the car). I'm sure she won't mind. But be sure to buy one too (bands need the money).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:53 pm 
Paid Some Dues

skadanny wrote:
sophrrocks711 wrote:

Oh, the real reason emerges. :wink:

It looks to be like a 5 or 6 song EP? I'm sure Aiyana will send it to you, if ya want. She's probably ripping my copies of Vic Rice and The Aggrolites as we type this now (we listened to them on the way down in the car). I'm sure she won't mind. But be sure to buy one too (bands need the money).

yeah, i will definately buy one. she is sending me one, too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:59 pm 
Syracuse Ska

Cool.

Like I said, I'll get one for myself tomorrow. I wasn't about to keep hiking back into that remote corner of the park they set aside for the merch area.

What a dumb, DUMB idea, whoever came up with that.

"Let's make it really hard for kids to find or buy band merch -- yeah, what a great idea!!!!"

The cynical side of me suspects since none of the vendors there were making money off band merch, they wanted to make sure we had to walk past everyone of them and spent our money first, before we bough band merch.

As it goes, no real vegetarian food there. I don't eat hot dogs, hamburgers, turkey or roast beef sandwiches. I ended up getting a grilled cheese at some little roadside place on the way home. :?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:14 pm 
Paid Some Dues

skadanny wrote:
Cool.

Like I said, I'll get one for myself tomorrow. I wasn't about to keep hiking back into that remote corner of the park they set aside for the merch area.

What a dumb, DUMB idea, whoever came up with that.

"Let's make it really hard for kids to find or buy band merch -- yeah, what a great idea!!!!"

The cynical side of me suspects since none of the vendors there were making money off band merch, they wanted to make sure we had to walk past everyone of them and spent our money first, before we bough band merch.

As it goes, no real vegetarian food there. I don't eat hot dogs, hamburgers, turkey or roast beef sandwiches. I ended up getting a grilled cheese at some little roadside place on the way home. :?

lol. everyone is so greedy....

PS: k he/she isnt sending me the cd :-( . if you get one tommorow can u send me it?

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:22 pm 
Ska Queen

i told you, i'm a little bit more than slightly frustrated right now. i'll send it to you next weekend i just can't figure it out right now. and you asked me, i'm a girl you loser.

::sighs:: i'm sorry. slightly stressed out here. please excuse my terrible manners.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:24 pm 
Paid Some Dues

Aiyana Catori wrote:
i told you, i'm a little bit more than slightly frustrated right now. i'll send it to you next weekend i just can't figure it out right now. and you asked me, i'm a girl you loser.

::sighs:: i'm sorry. slightly stressed out here. please excuse my terrible manners.

its alright...

whoops, bad memory... bet you dont remember my name!

ecused :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:27 pm 
Ska Queen

you're chris. you're 13, local from the cohorts area. you want any local ska bands music i have and in return i get your locals. granted, i'm sure razsum will blow you away, as i've yet to see a small name band as good as them, but hey, a deals a deal.

anyway, i'm going to bed. i need to unwind and just hang out before working the show tomorrow.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:46 pm 
Paid Some Dues

Aiyana Catori wrote:
you're chris. you're 13, local from the cohorts area. you want any local ska bands music i have and in return i get your locals. granted, i'm sure razsum will blow you away, as i've yet to see a small name band as good as them, but hey, a deals a deal.

anyway, i'm going to bed. i need to unwind and just hang out before working the show tomorrow.

i was just owned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:48 pm 
Ska Queen

yeah. it's because i rock. i'm the best. hehe, didn't you know that? geez, i thought people could just feel my overly awesome precense, even through the computer, these days. yeah, that's right. that's how effing cool i am. just ask Mike. he knows. :wink: right Mike?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:28 pm 
Paid Some Dues

Aiyana Catori wrote:
yeah. it's because i rock. i'm the best. hehe, didn't you know that? geez, i thought people could just feel my overly awesome precense, even through the computer, these days. yeah, that's right. that's how effing cool i am. just ask Mike. he knows. :wink: right Mike?

im feelin it :!:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:16 pm 
Paid Some Dues

skadanny wrote:
sophrrocks711 wrote:

thanks

if you read this when you get back can you tell me if you got one or not.

thanks!

Post subject: cd
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:03 am 
Ruder Than You

hey sophrrocks, if the Cohorts are local to you, maybe you could just contact them and order one dirrectly from them. i wouldnt assume that it would be too difficult for them to mail a cd to you. after all...mail order is fun!