Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:48 pm 
Paid Some Dues

i smoke a little to much pot to be eddge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:03 pm 
Scene Diety

LaZy wrote:
Man how I dispise Auburn lately and all the 12 year old straight edge vegan profile LITTLE BOYS who are trying to act all tough and actually calling themselves militant when they have no comprehension of what that means. Ugh.

i played a show in auburn, the little kids were awesome. they go f*ck ing crazy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:05 pm 
Show Regular

LaZy wrote:
Man how I dispise Auburn lately and all the 12 year old straight edge vegan prolife LITTLE BOYS who are trying to act all tough and actually calling themselves militant when they have no comprehension of what that means. Ugh.

I bet they wear girls' jeans with a bandanna in the back pocket, with a carabeener to hold their keys, and they always wear a black hoody with the hood up.

Am I right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:13 pm 
Show Regular

I use a carabeener to hold my keys.

I have not lost of misplaced them since I got it like 4 years ago. Handy little gadjet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:20 pm 
Scene Diety

bandanna not ALWAYS in the back pocket. at outdoor shows it goes over the face BANDIT STYLE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:24 pm 
Kingston Beat

I really don't care what they wear. I mean hey you wear tight ass jeans too. I care that they use words they don't understand.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:25 pm 
Ska Queen

I'm in the marching band in my school. Last year as a present to the band kids, we were all given little carabeeners that said "ES-M Spartans" on them. They had nifty little lights on the end of them too, but mine never worked, not even when I first got it. On top of that, they had little compasses in them, and mine fell off like a couple weeks after I got it.

And then my friend Matt and I (I've been bringing Matt out to TONS of shows lately, and he's totally addicted to ska now, yay!) figured out that when you squeeze it open and shut, that it squeaks and the sound bugs the hell out of my friend Sam.

So for the past couple weeks Matt and I have been passing the carabeener off between each other, because between the two of us, we're in 6 of Sams' 8 classes, and we'd make it squeek the ENITRE class and just annoy the crap out of her.

Sadly, last Friday Sam finally got the carabeener from Matt during History, and she kept it in her book bag until school was over, and then she took it outside and threw it into some prickly bushes.

And that is my carabeener story. The End!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:31 pm 
Paid Some Dues

I'm straightedge, hard to miss by my username.

Unfortunately it has turned into a trend which I never wanted to happen. I've been straightedge for well over two years now. I've never smoked or drank alcohol in my life and I try to avoid caffeine. What bothers me is that there are people out there who still do drugs yet call themselves "edge" because they like black, tight jeans and try to act tough.

I stay away from the stereotypes by wearing colors, accepting friends, and not trying to start fights with anyone who choses to drink.

Another problem is that "edge" kids always want to kill people who deal drugs and smoke them. Yeah, I don't approve of it but people are allowed to make their own decisions.

I just let people live the way they chose to live.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:39 pm 
Kingston Beat

Maybe you read crap on the internet too much because 98% of straight edge people don't want to kill anyone or be violent.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:42 pm 
Scene Diety

are you kidding me?

lately ive been quite involved in the syracuse hardcore scene, and almost all the edge kids are f*ck ing assholes and WILL kick your ass for not being edge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:48 pm 
Kingston Beat

Some people are assholes. It doesn't mean they are assholes because they are straight edge. I'm sorry if you meet shitty kids. Hang out with better ones and you'll feel better about the scene in general. No need to be so negative about everyone is all I'm saying.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:54 pm 
Ska Queen

Wow. Have I mentioned that I hate labels? Like, I don't really considering calling people who go to lots of ska show ska people, or people who do lots of theatre theatre people, or kids in marching band band kids, but like, stuff like 'straight edge' or just anything like that, it's just not cool. Not to me at least.

I don't really care who you are. You can be purple, polka-doted, like to smoke in your free time, or chew tobacco. As long as you don't do it around me, I'm happy. Honestly, if you want to screw with you life, that's your deal. As long as what you do doesn't endanger me or any of my friends and family, I'm good.

Granted, whenever I notice friend's my age lighting up a cigarette or something of the like, I always make a comment about how bad it is or something like that, and I've gotten friends to quit before too, and I'm really proud of them. But if you want to do that, then that's your choice.

Yeah, I think this is the last time I'm gonna post under this topic unless something else comes up. Other than that, I'm done.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:01 pm 
Paid Some Dues

"Maybe you read crap on the internet too much because 98% of straight edge people don't want to kill anyone or be violent."~LaZy

Not true, there are gang fights in my highschool between the straightedge kids and "break the edge" kids. I always try to avoid those and only watch the backs of my friends.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:14 pm 
Kingston Beat

Want to know why those kids are really fighting? Because they are in high school and are acting like hormonal young men. Don't judge straight edge people as a whole by these moronic kids. They'll be gone in a couple of years, ignore them. Stop looking at stupid kids fighting and start going to shows with people who arn't so obsessed with silly stuff. I don't give a shit what everybody else is doing, I care what I am doing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:15 pm 
Show Regular

Quote:
Unfortunately it has turned into a trend which I never wanted to happen.

Trust me buddy, it was just as trendy when you were still a smear in your mom's panties.

Quote:
lately ive been quite involved in the syracuse hardcore scene, and almost all the edge kids are f*ck ing assholes and WILL kick your ass for not being edge

Seriously. What kind of shows are YOU going to? Sounds like a severe case of Matt Dunnery Mall Hardcore to me.

Try hanging out with some decent people. There are plenty of positive hardcore shindigs that go down in Syracuse. I'll try to remember to post the info here too so you can check it out.

Hell, I'll hook you up with some killer mix tapes of some good local/regional stuff you should check out if you want.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next