Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Warped Tour
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:50 pm 
Checkered Demon

Looks pretty weak but the story for me is that I did some survey thing for Warped Tour and they were giving out 500 backstage passes and I got one. I think thats pretty cool. I'd love to see Big D. Dropkick Murphys are okay...I guess. So is anyone going to be attending?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 pm 
Scene Diety

too only 2 good bands, no care

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:24 pm 
Paid Some Dues

I'm going to be there with Justine :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:10 am 
Ska Queen

Yeah. Rosie and I are going. Darling Johnny Hero has been nice enough to put us on the guest list, so we get in for free, which is very nice. Then we're camping that night a little bit away, and Johnny Hero and the rest of the Plea For Peace crew will be staying with us, and then Rosie and I are going to see Dave Matthews Band the next day.

Fun stuff. I'm in the process of begging Johnny right now to introduce me to the All American Rejects. And I'm actually interested in several of the bands who are playing.

:)

Then I'm trying to find a ride to the Warped Tour show in Scranton a few weeks later, because 1) I want to hang out with Johnny again because he's awesome, and 2) Westbound Train is playing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:54 pm 
Paid Some Dues

Personally I've given up on attending Warped Tour at Darien Lake. What a mess that place is. Yeah, let's put the main stages on top of ROCKS. Not even gravel, big ass rocks. As much as it sucked at Lasalle Park with zero shade, it sucks even more in that layout they use at DL. I love it when I miss half the bands I wanted to see because it takes 20 minutes to commute from one end of the place to the other. I totally forgot about Warped Tour this year, the next one I go to will probably be Ottawa, Toronto, or Philly..anywhere but DL. Person with the backstage passes, you're lucky..I think they'll have couches and free drinks for you..maybe that will make it bearable.
-Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:04 pm 
Slum Lord

20 minutes from one end to the other? It's all located aroudn the perimeter of the main stage. Of course the last time I went to the Warped Tour at Darien Lake was about 2 years ago so maybe things have changed. But you make it seem like the stages are scattered around the park.But if it is farther away, take up running. :lol: Yea, I'm going to check out Bedouin Soundclash, Monty's Fan Club, Big D, The Offspring and the Dropkick Murphys.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:52 pm 
Checkered Demon

if by chance i do go to warped tour, it'll be in NYC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:45 pm 
Paid Some Dues

xBigNateDx wrote:
20 minutes from one end to the other? It's all located aroudn the perimeter of the main stage. Of course the last time I went to the Warped Tour at Darien Lake was about 2 years ago so maybe things have changed. But you make it seem like the stages are scattered around the park.But if it is farther away, take up running. :lol: Yea, I'm going to check out Bedouin Soundclash, Monty's Fan Club, Big D, The Offspring and the Dropkick Murphys.

2 years ago was setup much different than last year..it was slightly better back then. Last year they moved the two main stages onto the big ass rocks. They aren't scattered around the park, but with the volume of people there they might as well. It's not the distance that makes it a pain to move around its the amount of people and constricted pathways between stages.
-Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:03 am 
Rude & Reckless

3 or 4 summers ago I worked at this summer camp in the Berkshires. Well one of my campers was the daughter of the lead singer from agnostic front, Roger Miret. Well I guess agnostic front or his other band, Roger Miret and the whatevers played in the near by town of North Hampton, MA. Well his whole band came and visited the camp. So my friend jessica and I started talkin to him about punk rock and NYHC etc etc, and he hooks us up with free passes to the warped tour the next week in boston. So we get the day off, drive to boston, get stuck in traffic for 3-4 hours, and show up kinda late. The show was at some race track and we parked on the very opposite side of the arena. So we're walkin around the inside of the race track looking for the entrance to the show, and we walk past the gamblin area with all these decrepid lookin old folks gamblin away their life savings, and next thing we know we're walking around the backstage area. Weird, so we hang out and eat some free food, no one asks us about passes or nothin, then walk into the show from the backstage area withouth ever picking up our free tickets. So basically we accidentally snuck into a warped tour that we had free ticketes too. Then we rocked out to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Bad Religion. Crazy.

go go gergie signing off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:20 am 
Syracuse Ska

xBigNateDx wrote:
Yea, I'm going to check out Bedouin Soundclash ...

I'm not going to Warped, but I'd REALLY like to see Bedouin Soundclash sometime. They sound amazing ...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:42 am 
Ska Queen

I've heard AMAZING things about Bedouin Soundclash. And apparently there might be a tour being set up with them and bands from Asian Man for Plea for Peace next summer? And guess who'll worm her way into working it if it does happen? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:44 am 
Ska Queen

mmmburritos wrote:
I totally forgot about Warped Tour this year, the next one I go to will probably be Ottawa, Toronto, or Philly..anywhere but DL. Person with the backstage passes, you're lucky..I think they'll have couches and free drinks for you..maybe that will make it bearable.
-Mike

I hear that the shows in Canada are always the best ones on Warped Tour. I was told to try to get to the one in Quebec (which is actually 2 days after the one at DL) if I could becaue it's awesome.

Couches and drinks!?!?!?!?? No way! Schweeet.

..I've actually only ever been to one concert at DL before. When I was 11, it was my first concert, my mom brought me and my cousin Kyleen to see Jewel on her Spirit Tour. It was awesome.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:49 pm 
Checkered Demon

skadanny wrote:
xBigNateDx wrote:
Yea, I'm going to check out Bedouin Soundclash ...

I'm not going to Warped, but I'd REALLY like to see Bedouin Soundclash sometime. They sound amazing ...

Bedouin Soundclash are so cool. Thats my #1 priority. Then Big D. I don't care about any other bands.
mmmburritos wrote:
Personally I've given up on attending Warped Tour at Darien Lake. What a mess that place is.

I also don't like how a majority of the people that just go to the park are trailer park trash. I don't mind it that much, it just bothers me. Like the first time you heard Eminem was trailer park trash, you never think of him the same way.

Profile E-mail