Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:30 pm 
585 Ska

If you guys want, we should have all the syraucse ska forum people meet at the whole wheat bread both after the first opener.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:16 am 
Ska Queen

Sure, sounds good. If I can find it...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:41 am 
Show Regular

It's gonna be pretty hard to miss...Steel Music Hall is small as hell.

I'm coming late. I'll probably get there right before SM. I'm sure you'll see me in the circle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:48 am 
Checkered Demon

...and i'll probably be somewhere around where karen.

i'll probably be the kid who is obnoxiously fighting to keep a circle open...or making fun of soprano...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:37 am 
585 Ska

AskTheMagic8Ball wrote:
...and i'll probably be somewhere around where karen.

i'll probably be the kid who is obnoxiously fighting to keep a circle open...or making fun of soprano...

Aw dude talk about keeping a circle open, anyone go to the Less Than Jake Tour with Allister and Hidden in Plain View.

There was like 15 of us actually trying to dance and we couldn't keep our area open. There was this one obnoxious fat guy that just wouldnt move when we all leaned back to get more room, so I just "accidentally" albowed him in the back whenever I danced near him. Still a great show, even if the techno cd was just goofy rather than good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:37 am 
Checkered Demon

Streetlight was awesome last night. I didn't lok on the board before I went so I didn't meet up with any of you guys. Wish I did. I went alone :( Anyways, if anyone saw me, I was wearing a Mad Caddies shirt. I was in the pit. Yeah so, awesome show. One of my favorite shows.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:32 am 
Kingston Beat

so yea syracuse ska had our own little circle on the side. it was a good show. rochester kids need to work on their circle pitting skills or at least stop with the four people arms over shoulders stuff.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:59 am 
585 Ska

Dude I was at the side too, but those f*ck moshers were being gay. Constantly had to push them off and at the end there was that kid in the Dropkick Murphey's Tee that I thought was gunna punch me because i pushed him to the ground in the middle of the pit.

I was wearing my hat, ltj shirt and plaid chucks.

I saw Karen (FOE Shirt) and Dan (I remember his shirt was green), but didn't realize it til now.

Most of the night I was hanging out with my friends, but I met up with Justine and Twitch and we talked a lot.

The first two openers were good, the expired were better than Public Aggravation I think. Whole Wheat Bread were pretty awesome, but Gym Class SUCKED. I don't understand what all the hype was about. Streetlight had pretty much the same set as the last time I saw them, but they were jerks and when we got an encore they started to play a new song but then went to We Are The Few.

Last edited by Mike on Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:53 pm 
Checkered Demon

Mike wrote:
I was wearing my hat, ltj shirt and plaid chucks.

Like 50 people were wearing ltj shirts. I think I saw you anyways...I was in the big pit so yeah. Maybe I saw you in line or something. Forget.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:51 pm 
585 Ska

I saw you outside before the show a lot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:54 pm 
Kingston Beat

heh i saw when that guy fell and thought he might do something. but everybody seemed mellow about getting pushed around for the most part. i was wearing a green/blue tank and brown shorts. didn't end up talking to you because when justine said hi outside there was too much smoke so i went back inside.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:50 pm 
585 Ska

LaZy wrote:
heh i saw when that guy fell and thought he might do something. but everybody seemed mellow about getting pushed around for the most part. i was wearing a green/blue tank and brown shorts. didn't end up talking to you because when justine said hi outside there was too much smoke so i went back inside.

That guy looked PISSED. I remember that one guy in the white shirt and fedora was seperating us cause he thought he was gunna punch me too.

Sorry to Justine and twitch for not showing at Jay's but my idiot friend sent his parents away thinking you were giving us a ride, so I had to call mine to take us home (who were pissed because of this).

Does anyone else remember the two guys jumping at each other and falling down during the opening bands (can't remember which one it was)?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:17 pm 
The Hoboz

You know what sucks? My neighbor had an extra ticket and offered it to me. And guess what? My parents made me go to my soccer game instead. I really wish I was there. It sounded like a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:21 pm 
Scene Diety

i didnt have a ride, but ive seen them (streetlight) before and ive heard their set hasnt changed at all except for the cover they do

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:29 pm 
Ska Queen

Mike, dude, I gave your hat to Twitch because we figured it'd be easier for him to get it back to you than me since he lives right around your area. And thaaaaank you for letting me wear it. :)

Yeah. Jay's after the show was fun. It ended up being me and Twitch and my mom and then Steph and her two friends. I got a hot fudge sundae and Mmmmmm it was gooooooood. And then I had some of my mom's hash browns and ended up ordering some to go.

And yes. I greatly enjoyed The Expired and Public Aggrevation. Whole Wheat Bread was iffy, and then GCH just plain SUCKED. It was fun sitting outside for their entire set with all you random people though. :wink:

One of the people I gave a ride to had a camera with her, so I'm trying to get in touch with her to get the pictures that she took of all of us at the diner. We got a group shot and them just some silly random pictures too. I'll post them up as soon as I get them..

Twitch, I'll get a hold of you as soon as I find out whether or not Steph's dad can give us both a ride to Aquabats. I mean, you're right on the way to the show, so I don't see why picking you up would be a problem. But then again, some parents aren't as cool as mine..

Alright, time to scrounge for a ride to Big Orange Bonanza. Ttyl darlings.
-Justine-

Profile E-mail