Funk 'n Waffles -- Eat Up, Get Down.

Syracuse Ska Forum

Discussing ska & reggae in Upstate New York
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: looking for old flyers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:51 pm 
New Kid

If anyone is looking to get rid of old show flyers (anywhere from roughly 1996 to 2002), I'd definitely be interested in taking them off your hands. Geographically, I'm looking more at the Rochester and Albany areas, but there are a few in Buffalo and Syracuse (and the Skoidats/Skavoovie show in Ithaca in '99) that I'd love to have. If you just have a single print and don't have it scanned or own the original file, I'm willing to pay.

Post subject: Re: looking for old flyers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:47 pm 
Syracuse Ska

An interesting request. I probably have some of these and know plenty of people who would, but can I ask what you want to do with these?

BTW, I'd like to get my few missing copies of Hoi Polloi! filled in as well. I've been re-reading my copies lately and marveling how Jav really put an enormous amount of info into every issue. Quite an accomplishment.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: looking for old flyers
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:11 pm 
New Kid

I used to hit up a lot of the shows around that time frame and, luckily, saved several of the flyers. I have them framed and hanging in my basement, but there are many more that I'd love to have. At this point, it's become kind of a hobby/obsession for me, and definitely a nice way to remember some incredible shows. Like I said, I typically favored the Rochester and Albany shows (depending on the time of year - college/summer break), but went to many others around western NY.

I do agree about Hoi Polloi. He did a phenomenal job with that. I wish I saved my old copies.